Our policies: Our Inn provides a safe haven – a place to unwind, relax, and get away from the stresses of everyday life. To that end, we institute procedures to ensure all our guests enjoy their personal time while in the country. Making a reservation at our Inn requires complete agreement and compliance with the following policies. If any of the following policies are violated, the guest can be asked to leave the premises immediately without refund. Any and all damages will be added to the room bill and charged to the name on the credit card or guest name(s) on the reservation.
- Check-in is between 4:00–8:00 p.m. Checkout is by 11:00 a.m. If able, we will accommodate other check-in and check-out times upon request.
- Reservations are required with the first night’s room charge paid by credit card at the time the reservation is made. We accept MasterCard, Visa and American Express.
- The maximum room occupancy is two adults in each guest room, and rates are the same for single or double occupancy. Only registered guests are allowed in the Inn and on the property. Occupancy is strictly enforced to comply with insurance and fire regulations. We cannot allow anyone other than registered guests on our grounds or in the Inn without prior permission.
- No smoking is permitted anywhere on the grounds or in the Inn, including e-cigarettes, smokeless tobacco, and other nicotine dispensing products.
- We seek to provide a respite from the stresses of everyday life for all of our guests—only well-behaved children of at least twelve years of age are accepted.
- No pets or support animals allowed; certified service animals for physically disabled guests only.
- No food or drinks can be brought into the Inn without prior permission.
- Wi-fi is not provided. Bring your “Hot spot”. Please note New Kent County does not have broadband access for its citizens. We do have a guest accessible media room and library where thousands of DVD movies are available for viewing by our guests in their accommodations. Movies and books are made available on an honor system. Just leave them in your room at departure.
- We are not handicapped accessible; there is one guest room on the first floor.
- There are 5 steps to the front porch and 3 steps to the back porch.
- Parking on the crushed stone parking area is just steps away from front entrance.
- We recognize unforeseeable events can arise that make it necessary for you to reschedule or cancel reservations. Cancellations affect us dramatically because we are a small family run Inn; however, we do our best to accommodate our guests in these situations if we can minimize financial strain on our business.
- Cancellations must be made in writing, or by text to 703-338-9435.
- There is no cancellation penalty if the reservation cancellation is received at least 72 hours before the 4:00 p.m. check-in time.
- One night’s room charge will be made if the cancellation occurs less than 48 hours before the 4:00 p.m. check-in time, but not the same day as check-in, and the room is not occupied by another guest.
- No-show and same day cancellations will be charged for the entire stay.